Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Recovering from camp

Was too busy to post last week. I didn't go to camp, but most of the rest of the staff did, and many of the residents. It wasn't as though I was actually doing that much more than usual, though I was doing more supervising of cooking and housekeeping than usual. And I was getting out the Events Flyer and Calendar without the usual supports. But you know that sense of extra responsibility, being the senior person in the house, definitely was a weight that I felt.

Still, everything went okay, and people are recovering nicely. The weather has been absolutely perfect, which is always pleasant. This evening is a Strategic Planning meeting. Tomorrow night is our regular Wednesday program, and Thursday evening is Dharma Council meeting. Friday night I'm not going to prison for the first time in a while, which is good, because it will give me a little time to pack for a trip to the coast with dharma sisters this weekend. I'll miss out on a bunch of things happening here, but I suppose once in a while it's good to get out and go somewhere fun.

So, nothing profound to report right now, though there's a parrot in the office at this moment making cawing sounds like a crow -- now she's reverted back to chattering like her owner. She's kind of fun to have around, though I mostly don't let her land on my head any more. She tries to get my glasses, and has been known to poop on my head. Ah, well, she's just being herself.

Need to go iron my robe for tomorrow morning. Mended it this morning, and need to iron it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home