Thursday, July 15, 2010

doing the next thing

Last night we had a really great discussion about the fundamental koan "Who Am I?" There were 24 people there, including 4 new people.  Lively, thoughtful discussion from many perspectives.

Got the Events Flyer out yesterday morning, and spent the afternoon doing things like sewing, shopping. I feel a bit like a housewife. Spent much of this morning in similar pursuits, especially making this incredible sourdough challah bread -- didn't braid it, just put it into regular bread pans. Wow, is it tasty. This warm weather makes breadmaking easy. Finally, this afternoon getting to putting the Events up on the web site, only a volunteer came in to do treasury stuff on the computer I need to work on the web site. That's okay, there's plenty I can do on the other computer to get ready for web work.

Today it's finally feeling quiet with everyone gone. There's been so much work to do just to keep up that it hasn't felt all that quiet to me. A couple more residents have gone out of town, in addition to the 6 at camp and 1 back east at a conference. I think that leaves (doing quick mental count) uh, 5. Between the 2 houses. I'll be cooking dinner tonight (others have been doing it so far), and I think there's only 2 of us signed in.

Anyway. I just keep doing the next thing, and time just keeps passing. In a couple of days people will be back from camp, and everything will change again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home